Beechcraft B200 King Air - Systems Simulator

Beechcraft & CO

Re: Beechcraft B200 King Air - Systems Simulator

Messagede pilotctk » Ven 22 Mai 2015 00:08

Great to hear from you!

Personally, I had hoped P3D was the new FSX. However, I am moving towards X-plane since FSX is not the sim of the future, and because P3D has been a total disaster thus far.

Keep us posted on this project! As a previous King Air (and B1900) pilot, let me know if you need any aircraft manuals or advice. Exciting to see you have not given up on this!

Chris
Minnesota, USA
pilotctk

Messagede capetonian » Mer 19 Aoû 2015 09:41

I have been successful in getting X-plane 10 installed. I really think that X-plane is the way to go as far as simulations are concerned.
Now just to play with it a little and see how interfacing and I/O communication works with x-plane.
capetonian

Messagede pilotctk » Jeu 20 Aoû 2015 00:55

That is great news. Be sure to check out an amazing program called Air Manager 2.0 for creating custom gauges. It is very affordable and supports X-plane 10 -- see this link:

http://airrietveld.nl/

Also... the X-plane developers provide a wealth of information on their developer website. See the link below. Look forward to hearing how things go!

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Chris

Finally, here is another link to the release notes for the latest version (10.40) which is still in beta but lots of great improvements:

http://www.x-plane.com/?article=x-plane ... ease-notes

Under the section titled, "New Features and Improvements" it says this:

"ANY App can now send in the string (by UDP, to port 49,000) “RREF” plus a dataref, and X-Plane will then send that dataref string, and its value, BACK TO THAT IP ADDRESS EVERY FRAME! So, we can get unlimited datarefs from X-Plane with no UI needed! So, just write your own map or external visual or other app and have it send the dataref requests to X-Plane, and X-Plane will send those datarefs right back to you with their values! Now, you can write an App to get any data you like from X-Plane, easily, with no configuration needed from the user!THIS lets you write any App you can imagine, that can EASILY interact with X-Plane by UDP!"
pilotctk

Messagede capetonian » Mar 22 Déc 2015 19:40

Not completely happy with my X-plane findings yet I have decided to concentrate on the communication between the Core program and Open Cockpits SIOC, this has to happen regardless of whetherI go forward with FSX/P3D or X-plane.

I currently have a small 'control panel' with 9 switches, 2 encoders, a push button, a small buzzer and 8 leds. Using this I will (try) and write the code for the Core to connect to and then communicate with SIOC.

Pictures and videos as soon as I have something more than just flashing LEDS. But at least you know that something is happening behind the scenes.
capetonian

Messagede pilotctk » Mar 22 Déc 2015 19:50

Thanks for the update!
pilotctk

Messagede capetonian » Mer 20 Jan 2016 15:30

A quick update:

Last night I got c# to talk to a servo and send a value to the servo via the serial port. Now that I understand how to do that I will implement it itno my core program. I am waiting for my hall-sensors to arrive from China and then I will be able to start experimenting with stepper motors.

I will use the hall sensor with a tiny neodymium magnet to determine the null point of the stepper motor. Again I am using arduino's to drive the stepper motor as the open cockpit card only supports an optical sensor. I have optical sensors but think that hall sensors and neodymium magnets are really the way to go. Once I have the setup running I will try the same setup with an optical sensor.

I have about 12 arduino and arduino clone boards lying around which is the reason I have decided to implement Arduino support into my suite as well as OPen cockpits (input/outputs), I would like to control all my gauges with Arduino's running steppers as opposed to servos as a stepper is motre precise and in most cases more quiet.

Thanks for reading!!
capetonian

Messagede pilotctk » Mer 20 Jan 2016 19:18

Cool! Keep us posted as you make progress.
pilotctk

Précédente

Retourner vers Aviation d'affaire & turboprops